We deliver a full spectrum of services in the energy sector covering regulatory, transactional and risk management issues. Our Clients include a number of IOC’s, financiers and investors, market operators, contractors, new entrants, governments and regulators in oil and gas and power and utility industries who rely on us for commercially pragmatic solutions including assistance with the associated environmental risks. Our understanding of the industry and contacts at the government levels enables us provide assistance to our clients in contract negotiations, tenders, joint ventures, outsourcing, and strategic alliances. Kenna Partners has extensive experience in oil and gas, coal and power matters with emphasis on deep offshore contracts and oil spills claims.
Our industry expertise cuts across a broad range of multimillion-dollar energy projects including joint ventures, strategic alliances, and asset acquisitions. Our integrated approach ensures our team is able to deliver on the transactional aspect of projects and other related issues including dispute resolution. We are also draftsmen in this field, as we have advised and drafted regulations pursuant to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act. A few of our other successes in this regard include:
- The firm has also successfully acted as Lenders’ Counsel in several transactions involving indigenous oil companies in the acquisition of production assets with value exceeding $250million.
- Kenna Partners has advised and assisted multinationals with the negotiation of concession of wetland lease for the construction fabrication, testing, and commission of a Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading Offshore Facility (FPSO) with a Deep Offshore Logistics Base.
- We have also effectively advised major international companies in refined and processes petroleum products involving bitumen sales in the excess of $125million.
- We remain the lead Nigerian Counsel of one of the largest oil producers in Nigeria and the world.
- We have successfully acted as counsel to a regulatory authority in the oil and gas industry.
- We have also represented a number of International Oil Company’s in Oil Spill Litigations, arbitrations, and negotiations of purchases, joint ventures and loan transactions.
- Kenna Partners acted as Lender’s Counsel in a US$100 Million loan transaction involving an indigenous oil company in the acquisition of production assets.
- We have advised on financing matters involving multinationals and joint venture partners over import orders placed by a major IOC for the Petroleum Trust Fund of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- We successfully assisted a major IOC to manage its regulatory risks with respect to compliance issues on critical aspects of the local content laws covering the upstream sector of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
- Kenna Partner’s advised and assisted a Dutch Multinational with the negotiation, drafting and conclusion of a concession of a wetland lease for the construction, fabrication, testing and commissioning of an FPSO within a Deep Offshore Logistics Base valued at US$165.5 Million.
- We advised a New York-listed company’s Nigerian subsidiary in a US$15 Million acquisition transaction of a Liquefied Nitrogen Plant in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria, particularly on issues of financing options, inventory management, and product warranty monitoring.
- Kenna Partners has also advised on the establishment of the Methanol Plant under a Gas Sale and Aggregation Agreement between and amongst a number of Oil and Gas Companies in Nigeria.
- We advised on a Joint Venture (JV) relating to the 530MV Power Plant at the Qua Iboe Terminal in Akwa Ibom State, a 58KM transmission line (T-Line) connecting the power plant to the Ikot-Abasi substation and a 53Km offshore pipeline to supply fuel gas to the power plant.
- We have also advised with respect to a series of Strategic Alliance Agreement (SAA) for Oil-producing assets.
Kenna Partners continues to upload its promise to deliver value in this industry. A few of Kenna Partner’s publications and books in this relation to energy and natural resources include An Analysis of the New Petroleum Industry Governance Bill, Petroleum Law and Sustainable Development in Nigeria and Legal Issues in Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Emissions.